Live your best life at every age with restored NAD+ levels and longevity gene activation. Basis supports energy, sleep and cell function.
What Is Basis?
Basis is a daily supplement that can slow some of the mechanisms of aging in your body. Built on 25 years of aging research, Basis is clinically proven to increase NAD+ levels by an average of 40%, using a proprietary formulation of nicotinamide riboside and pterostilbene.
How Does Basis Work?
Basis boosts levels of NAD+, a coenzyme in your body that participates in hundreds of metabolic processes including creating cellular energy. That newly available NAD+ also activates proteins called sirtuins. Sirtuins influence aging through a variety of mechanisms, including improving your DNA repair process and regulating circadian rhythms. Sirtuins are so critical to aging well that they’ve been nicknamed the “longevity genes.”
What Are the Ingredients in Basis?
Basis contains two main ingredients. These two components each enhance the activity of the other, while separately providing distinct pathways for increasing sirtuin activity.
Nicotinamide Riboside (NR)
a natural precursor to NAD+, is a safe and efficient consumer-friendly route for boosting NAD+. The research on NR has become so widespread that the volume of studies in the field has increased sixfold in the past two decades. You can read more about NR in this article. NR-E is our proprietary form of NR.
follows an additional pathway for activating sirtuins that is distinct from the pathway provided by NR. It is a plant-based compound that is chemically similar to resveratrol, with some important distinctions: Because of its ability to dissolve in body fat, pterostilbene lingers longer in the system, and is more bioavailable to humans.
What Will Taking Basis Do for Me?
NAD+ declines by as much as 50% by middle age. Our high-quality NR and PT together increase the available NAD+ in your body by an average of 40% and activate your sirtuins.
When it comes to safeguarding against the process of aging, we’re familiar with the advantages of improving diet and exercise. There is now an emerging field of science that studies the why and how of aging. We now know that the decline of NAD+ in the body is one of the important contributing factors to aging. These findings have helped scientists propose effective, non-invasive consumer health solutions like Basis.
Some people notice an appreciable difference in their day-to-day experience once they start taking Basis. Others do not, though they’re still getting clinically proven benefits at the cellular level. For example, boosting NAD+ can lead to enhanced activity of your longevity genes, increased energy production, and more finely regulated circadian rhythms. Quite a few of our customers do actually feel concrete benefits from two capsules a day. We hear a lot about higher energy and better quality sleep, as well as more satisfying workouts.
How Do I Get Started?
It’s incredibly easy to support your health at the cellular level: We deliver Basis directly to your front door.
Select your plan from the several available options below. Save up to 33% when you sign up for a prepaid subscription.
Your first bottle of Basis arrives within a week; call (888) 220-6436 with any questions on pricing or our product itself, or visit our common questions section.
Take two capsules daily, and get the clinically proven benefits of a 40% increase in NAD+.
Choose Your Plan
Save when you sign up for a prepaid subscription.
Clinically proven cellular health for less than the cost of a daily cup of coffee.
with a 1-year, prepaid subscription
with a 6-month prepaid subscription
Our Clinical Trial Results
The NR-E and PT in Basis work synergistically to increase NAD+ and activate sirtuins using the body’s natural pathways. Our study, which showed an average NAD+ increase of 40% in participants taking the regular dose, is available here. It is the first human trial to show increased and sustained NAD+ levels in humans.
We love well-informed customers. Below are some questions we get often. You can also visit our common questions page if you don’t find what you’re looking for here. And always feel free to call us at (888) 220-6436 with any type of inquiry you have about Basis.
- What is NAD+?While science has known about NAD+ for the past century, in the last two decades we’ve made the major discovery that it declines with age, and that NAD+ is pivotal to the activity of sirtuins, your “longevity genes.” NAD+ is primarily involved in the creation of energy in the form of ATP, as well as hundreds of other functions, among them maintaining the DNA repair process and the regulation of circadian rhythms. Increasing NAD+ means supporting all of those cellular processes.
- What are sirtuins?In 2000, Elysium co-founder and Chief Scientist Leonard Guarente, director of The Paul F. Glenn Center for Biology of Aging Research at MIT, found that sirtuins regulate longevity. This family of proteins, which requires NAD+ to function properly, keeps your cells in balance under conditions of stress and aging. Sirtuins are responsible for critical biological functions related to aging, including keeping your DNA protected when it’s not actively in use.
- Will I feel Basis working?Some customers report more energy. Better sleep is something we hear a lot, too. Others feel nothing at all, but beneath the surface they’re still getting the benefits of increased NAD+, which includes activating sirtuins and improving mitochondrial function.
- What makes Basis industry-defining?We hold ourselves to gold standards in manufacturing and purity, including putting our product through multiple, independent third-party tests to ensure quality. We have the first trial to show increased and sustained NAD+ levels in humans. And, for over three decades, Elysium co-founder Leonard Guarente has been a pioneer in understanding the reasons why humans age.
Curious about NAD+? You’ve come to the right place. Here are some good resources from our field of research.
Massudi H, Grant R, Braidy N, Guest J, Farnsworth B, Guillemin GJ. Age-Associated Changes In Oxidative Stress and NAD+Metabolism In Human Tissue. 2012;PLoS One 7(7): e42357.
• The first publication demonstrating that NAD+ declines in human with age.
Dellinger R, Santos SR, Morris M, et al. Repeat dose NRPT (nicotinamide riboside and pterostilbene) increases NAD+ levels in humans safely and sustainably: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. NPJ Aging Mech Dis 2017;(0):17. doi:10.1038/s41514-017-0016-9
• Elysium's study on increasing and sustaining NAD+ by 40 percent in humans.
Cantó C, Houtkooper RH, Pirinen E, et al. The NAD(+) precursor nicotinamide riboside enhances oxidative metabolism and protects against high-fat diet-induced obesity. Cell Metab. 2012;15(6):838-47. doi:10.1016/j.cmet.2012.04.022
• A study showing that NR increases the activity of mitochondria in animals, leading to greater energy output.
Trammell S, Schmidt M, Weidemann B, et al. Nicotinamide riboside is uniquely and orally bioavailable in mice and humans. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12948. doi: 10.1038/ncomms12948
• A study in humans and mice showing the advantages of NR as a precursor to NAD+.
Kapetanovic IM1, Muzzio M, Huang Z, Thompson TN, McCormick DL. Pharmacokinetics, oral bioavailability, and metabolic profile of resveratrol and its dimethylether analog, pterostilbene, in rats. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2011;68(3):593-601. doi: 10.1007/s00280-010-1525-4
• Rat study showing the relative availability of pterostilbene over resveratrol.
Verdin, E. NAD+ in aging, metabolism, and neurodegeneration. Science. 2015;350(6265):1208-1213. doi: 10.1126/science.aac4854
• Study on the relationship between NR and general health. Contains an accurate figure for the accumulation of DNA damage.