Our proprietary formulation is backed by the first clinical study to raise and sustain NAD+ in humans.
What Is Basis?
Basis is a daily supplement that can slow some of the mechanisms of aging in your body. Built on 25 years of aging research, Basis is clinically proven to increase NAD+ levels by 40% on average, using a proprietary formulation of nicotinamide riboside and pterostilbene.
How Does Basis Work?
Basis works in two steps that have been identified by scientists as critical to the aging process.
First, using a precursor, Basis raises your levels of NAD+, a coenzyme in every single one of your cells that participates in hundreds of metabolic functions. Newly available NAD+ can then activate sirtuins. Sirtuins, which are proteins, participate in the steps that influence how your body ages, from stabilizing your DNA repair process to regulating circadian rhythm. Sirtuins are so crucial to aging well that they’ve been nicknamed the “longevity genes.”
What Are the Ingredients in Basis?
Basis contains two active ingredients. These two components work together, each providing a distinct pathway for increasing sirtuin activity, and augmenting the participation of the other.
Nicotinamide Riboside (NR)
(NR), a natural precursor to NAD+, is a safe and efficient consumer-friendly route for boosting NAD+. The use of and research into NR has become so widespread that the volume of studies in the field has increased sixfold in the past two decades. You can read more about NR in this article.
(PT) allows for an additional pathway for activating sirtuins that is distinct from the pathway provided by NR. It is a plant-based compound that is chemically similar to resveratrol, with some important distinctions: Because of its ability to dissolve in body fat, pterostilbene lingers longer in the system, and is more bioavailable to humans.
What Will Taking Basis Do for Me?
NAD+ declines by as much as 50% by middle age. Our high-quality NR and PT together increase the available NAD+ in your body by an average of 40%.
When it comes to safeguarding against the process of aging, we’re familiar with the advantages of improving diet and exercise. There is now an emerging field of science that studies the why of aging. We currently know that the decline of NAD+ in the body is one of the important contributing factors to aging. These findings have helped scientists propose effective, non-invasive consumer health solutions like Basis.
Some people don’t notice an appreciable difference in their day-to-day once they start taking Basis, though they’re still getting clinically proven benefits at the cellular level. Boosting NAD+ can lead to enhanced activity of your longevity genes, increased energy production, and more finely regulated circadian rhythms. Quite a few of our customers do actually feel concrete benefits from two capsules a day. We hear a lot about higher energy and better quality sleep, as well as more satisfying workouts.
How Do I Get Started?
It’s incredibly easy to support your health at the cellular level: We deliver Basis directly to your front door.
Select your plan from the several available options below. Save up to 33% when you sign up for a prepaid subscription.
Your first bottle of Basis arrives within a week; call (888) 220-6436 with any questions on pricing or our product itself, or visit our common questions section.
Take two capsules daily, and get the clinically proven benefits of a 40% increase in NAD+.
Choose Your Plan
Save when you sign up for a prepaid subscription.
Clinically proven cellular health for less than the cost of a daily cup of coffee.
with a 1-year, prepaid subscription
with a 6-month prepaid subscription
Our Clinical Trial Results
The NR and PT in Basis work synergistically to increase NAD+ and activate sirtuins using the body’s natural pathways. Our study, which showed an average NAD+ increase of 40% in participants taking the regular dose, is available here. It is the first human trial to show increased and sustained NAD+ levels in humans.
We love well-informed customers. Below are some questions we get often. You can also visit our common questions page if you don’t find what you’re looking for here. And always feel free to call us at (888) 220-6436 with any type of inquiry you have about Basis.
- What is NAD+?While science has known about NAD+ for the past century, in the last two decades we’ve made the major discovery that it declines with age, and that NAD+ is pivotal to the activity of sirtuins, your “longevity genes.” NAD+ is primarily involved in the creation of energy in the form of ATP, and is additionally helpful in hundreds of other functions, among them maintaining the DNA repair process and the regulation of circadian rhythm. Increasing NAD+ means supporting all of those cellular processes.
- What are sirtuins?In 2000, Elysium co-founder and Chief Scientist Leonard Guarente, director of The Paul F. Glenn Center for Biology of Aging Research at MIT, found that sirtuins regulate longevity. This family of proteins, which requires NAD+ to function properly, keeps your cells in balance under conditions of stress and aging. Sirtuins are responsible for critical biological functions related to aging, including keeping your DNA protected when it’s not actively in use.
- Will I feel Basis working?Some customers report more energy. Better sleep is something we hear a lot, too. Others feel nothing at all, but beneath the surface they’re still getting the benefits of increased NAD+, which includes activating sirtuins and improving mitochondrial function.
- What makes Basis industry-defining?We hold ourselves to gold standards in manufacturing and purity, including putting our product through multiple, independent third-party tests to ensure quality. We have the first trial to show increased and sustained NAD+ levels in humans. And, for over three decades, Elysium co-founder Leonard Guarente has been a pioneer in understanding the reasons why humans age.
Curious about NAD+? You’ve come to the right place. Here are some good resources from our field of research. Be in touch if you’re interested in more.
1) The first publication demonstrating that NAD+ declines with age:
Age-Associated Changes In Oxidative Stress and NAD+Metabolism In Human Tissue
2) Leonard Guarente’s study on increasing and sustaining NAD+ in humans:
Repeat dose NRPT (nicotina5) Animal study showing the relative availability of pterostilbene over resveratrol:
Pharmacokinetics, oral bioavailability, and metabolic profile of resveratrol and its dimethylether analog, pterostilbene, in ratsmide riboside and pterostilbene) increases NAD+ levels in humans safely and sustainably: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study
3) Study showing that dosing with NR increases the activity of mitochondria in animals:
The NAD(+) precursor nicotinamide riboside enhances oxidative metabolism and protects against high-fat diet-induced obesity
4) Human and animal study showing the advantages of NR as a precursor to NAD+:
Nicotinamide riboside is uniquely and orally bioavailable in mice and humans
5) Animal study showing the relative availability of pterostilbene over resveratrol:
Pharmacokinetics, oral bioavailability, and metabolic profile of resveratrol and its dimethylether analog, pterostilbene, in rats
6) Study on relationship between NR and general health; accurate figure for the accumulation of DNA damage:
NAD+ in aging, metabolism, and neurodegeneration