Live your best life with healthy cells. Basis supports cellular health by increasing and sustaining NAD+ levels and activating sirtuins.
Support Your Cellular Health
Scientists have made incredible progress in understanding how cellular health works in the last 25 years, and one thing they’ve learned is that a molecule called NAD+ is hugely important. It’s indispensable for life, and levels decline as we age. Now it’s possible to get more cellular NAD+ with Basis.
Thanks to science, you can support your cellular health.
How Basis Works
The culmination of more than 25 years of research, Basis is a proprietary formulation of crystalline nicotinamide riboside and pterostilbene that supports cellular health by increasing and sustaining NAD+ levels and activating sirtuins.
From NR to NAD+
Your body has a natural process for turning the nicotinamide riboside in Basis into NAD+.
The pterostilbene in Basis activates your sirtuins, also known as the “guardians of the genome.”
Take a tour of the science and history that led to Basis with an animated explainer. Go even deeper with two stories on NAD+ and sirtuins.
NAD+: The Hardest Working Molecule in Biology
Scientists call NAD+ the “golden nucleotide” because it’s a key player in so many biological functions, like cellular metabolism, cellular energy production, and mitochondrial health.
Basis Increases NAD+ Levels, Safely and Sustainably
Our double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial demonstrated that Basis can increase NAD+ levels by an average of 40 percent.
Setting A New Standard for Quality and Purity
Most companies that make health products source their ingredients from the lowest cost third-party suppliers, which often requires a trade-off with respect to quality. At Elysium Health, quality is first and foremost.
In the end, the science, and that Elysium was connected to an MIT scientist, was what sold me on trying Basis for a month. Now I’m in my second year of taking it.
Sahm F., 36, Long Island City, NY
At Elysium, we’re focused on exploring compelling scientific advancements that have the potential to benefit everyone.
Dr. Leonard Guarente
Elysium Health Co-Founder, Chief Scientist, and Director of the Glenn Center for the Biology of Aging Research at MIT
We answer your most common questions about Basis, from the ingredients in each capsule to compliance with FDA regulations.
- What are the ingredients in Basis?Each serving of Basis (two capsules) contains 250mg of Elysium’s crystalline nicotinamide riboside and 50mg of pterostilbene. See nutrition label for a full list of ingredients.
- My Basis arrived. When should I take it?We recommend two capsules in the morning, with or without food. Each jar contains a 30-day supply.
- Hang on, I’m a vegetarian! Does Basis contain animal products?Basis is vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, and contains no artificial colors or flavors.
- I’m considering Basis. Is it right for me?Basis was designed for long-term use in adults of all ages.
- Does Basis comply with FDA recommendations?The ingredients in Basis have been tested for safety and are produced in facilities that meet FDA requirements. Basis also undergoes rigorous third party purity and quality testing.