Basis by Elysium Health
The culmination of more than 25 years of aging research, Basis is a daily supplement that’s clinically proven to increase levels of NAD+ in the blood — for the maintenance of good health.
- The coenzyme NAD+ (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) plays a central role in biological functions. It declines as we age.
- Each jar contains 60 capsules, a one-month supply.
- Take two capsules in the morning, with or without food.
- Medicinal ingredients (one serving/two capsules): nicotinamide riboside (250mg) and pterostilbene (50mg).
- Vegetarian, vegan, no artificial colors or dyes.
- See nutrition label for more information.
- This product is intended for healthy adults, 18 years of age or older. Consult with a licensed, qualified healthcare professional before using this product or for use beyond eight weeks. Do not take if you are pregnant or nursing.
Select Your Plan
2 Bottle Set
Two bottles ship every two months for subscription plans.
All prices are in CAD and include sales tax & shipping.
Elysium is a new kind of health company. Our mission is to solve the biggest challenges in health with science, to help people live healthier for longer. Working directly with the world’s leading scientists and clinicians, Elysium translates advances in science and technology into clinically-validated health products that work.
Why NAD+ Is Essential
First discovered in 1906, nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, or NAD+, has become a prized molecule in recent years because of its central role in biological functions, the recent discovery that NAD+ levels decline in a wide variety of species (including humans) as they age, and its potential to positively affect human health through supplementation.
Laboratory research in animals has found, among other things, that NAD+ is required for energy production, regulating our circadian rhythms, and maintaining DNA health. Elysium is working to translate this research to humans, beginning with our first clinical trial, published in November 2017.
NAD+ is a key player in making ATP, the source of energy in the cell.
Our sleep and wake cycle, and everything it entails, depends on NAD+.
We have several built-in systems for fixing errors in our DNA, and these systems need NAD+.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How are the bi-monthly (every two months) delivery plans scheduled?Our bi-monthly plan has a thoughtfully-designed shipping schedule to ensure that you will never have a gap in your supply of Basis. For Canada orders, you will receive a two months supply with every shipment. The second shipment of this plan is processed 45-50 days after the first, so it arrives just before you are finished with the second bottle. After this, all future shipments are processed every 60 days. We can always make adjustments to your next shipment date at any time if you are developing a backlog or would like to pause for some time. Just contact us for help at [email protected]
- Why can’t I add an additional subscription to my account?If you already have a subscription of your own and are looking to place an order for family or friends, you simply need to register a new account. This is so we can keep track of billing and shipping information, and ensure Basis is delivered on time to all of our customers. You can do this by logging out of your account, creating a new account, and setting a temporary password for the friend or family you are looking to send Basis to.
- Can I take Basis on top of my existing supplement routine?Please consult with your healthcare provider before taking Basis. Many of our customers take Basis along with their existing regimen of dietary supplements. We have identified no specific contraindications between Basis and other supplements.
- Can I take Basis with my prescription medications?We have identified no specific contraindications between Basis and prescription medications. Please consult with your healthcare provider before taking Basis to ensure that this view is confirmed by somebody who knows your medical history and can evaluate if Basis is right for you in the context of prescription medications.
- What is good health?Our health is ultimately determined by the health of the trillions of cells that make up our bodies. Inside each cell are components called organelles, including familiar names like the mitochondria and the nucleus, which work together, or “communicate,” to carry out all of the processes in our body. This communication doesn’t use words; it consists of physical, chemical, and nutritional processes by which cells convert food to energy, help our muscles move when we walk, and respond effectively when we get sick or injured. Generally speaking, healthy cells have everything they need to communicate well, while age and environmental factors like toxins and stress can lead to less than optimal health.
- How does Basis support good health?Basis supports good health by increasing NAD+ levels. NAD+ is necessary for energy creation, DNA maintenance, regulating circadian rhythms, and more.
- What is the difference between healthspan and lifespan?Healthspan refers to the period of a time a person spends healthy and alive, while lifespan simply refers to the number of years a person lives. At Elysium, we emphasize the importance of healthspan because our goal is to help people live healthier lives.
- What should I do if I have not received my order?If you cannot locate your package, please contact us at [email protected] and we will help you right away.
- Why do two bottles ship every two months for subscription plans?Shipping to Canada is more expensive than shipping within the U.S. We ship every two months to keep the costs down for our Canadian customers. Two bottles per shipment is the maximum we are legally permitted to send at one time; otherwise we would send more at once to reduce shipping costs further.