Discover Your Biological Age
Index, a revolutionary at-home test developed by Elysium Health, tracks how fast you’ve been aging using the latest generation technology in the science of epigenetics. With Index you'll receive:
- Biological Age, a measure of the average age at which your body is expected to function
- Cumulative Rate of Aging, the pace at which your body has aged for every year you’ve been alive
- Science-backed lifestyle recommendations you can use to adopt healthier habits
- Exclusive pricing for Basis subscribers starting at $299
Index shows incredible promise when it comes to monitoring how the body is capable of functioning and there is potential for even more diverse applications in the future.
Morgan Levine, Ph.D.
Elysium's Head of Bioinformatics
The Technology Behind Index
Index is powered by the Elysium chip, developed in partnership with Illumina, a global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Index uses Elysium’s next-generation technology Algorithmic Platform for Epigenetic Examination (APEX) to assess and analyze your epigenetics from a saliva sample.
Morgan Levine, Ph.D., professor at Yale School of Medicine and Elysium’s head of bioinformatics, spearheaded the development of our proprietary Index platform. In 2018, Levine developed a novel epigenetic biomarker analysis to assess “phenotypic age,” or what we now call biological age.
Thinking Beyond Genetics
Epigenetics involves changes in your biology caused by modifications in gene expression rather than the underlying genetic code itself. Factors that can influence your epigenetics include your diet, exercise habits, alcohol consumption, and stressors like sleepless nights.
What to Expect: Get Ready to Take Control of Your Future
Approximately 6 weeks after receiving your saliva sample, we’ll send an email letting you know your results are ready. Before that, a lot happens behind the scenes.
Week 1 to 2 — Extracting DNA
We extract your DNA and read sites across your genome where methylation, a type of epigenetic change, has occurred using a process called bisulfite conversion.
Week 3 — Profiling Methylation
Your DNA gets loaded onto a chip and scanned to create your methylation profiles. Quality control ensures your data is robust and complete.
Week 4 to 5 — Calculating Biological Age
We analyze sites of methylation across your genome to calculate your biological age.
Week 6+ — Tracking Your Progress
Use your report results and recommendations to see if making healthy changes can impact how you age.
Your Questions, Answered
- What kind of test is Index?Index is an at-home saliva test. Saliva samples offer a convenient and non-invasive method for DNA sample collection. It is an ideal tissue to sample in terms of being reflective of an individual's epigenome at a given moment in time for measuring aging.
- Is Index FDA approved?Index has not been reviewed or approved by the FDA as it is not a medical device. Index is not intended to screen, diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition or assess risk of any disease or condition. Unless advised by your healthcare professional, biological age should not be used to determine or alter any chronological age-related health or medical treatments.
- How is my personal information protected?Your data is protected with industry-standard encryption. We have implemented strict access controls internally, including limiting access to a select group of employees and an audit trail of any access. Personal data and de-identified test result data will be kept separately so, for example, CX associates helping a customer with an order or looking at a customer’s account will not have access to your test results without your permission.
Buy Together and Save
Basis is a daily supplement shown to increase and sustain NAD+ levels when taken daily. Save on Index when you purchase with a 6-month or 1-year Basis subscription.
$200 Off Index
With a 1-year
$150 Off Index
With a 6-month